FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Farrah Kim, +1.202.568.8986, FarrahKim@Rational360.com
Data Center Experts to Debate & Discuss Solutions to Big Data's Technology & Policy Challenges – Nov. 11-12 in Arlington, VA
Media Advisory: TIA Data Center Event will Feature Leaders from Google, Microsoft, State Dept., U.S. Chamber & More – Plus Tour of CenturyLink Data Center
Arlington, Va. (Nov. 5, 2014) – With a new report predicting a 50 percent jump in cloud services spending and data center construction over the next four years as the data revolution continues, the Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) is gathering tech and policy experts to debate and offer solutions for the biggest challenges facing data centers and data-driven technologies.
TIA's Data Center Workshop, to be held November 11-12, will address cybersecurity and other critical issues facing the entire data center value chain – from cloud service providers and equipment vendors to end-users involved in enterprise, government, finance, and more.
The event kicks off November 11 with a tour of CenturyLink Technology Solutions' data center in Sterling, Va. The second day will take place at TIA's headquarters in Arlington, Va. and feature lively discussion with experts from Google, Microsoft, Dell, Intel, CenturyLink, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and others.
The group will debate emerging cybersecurity solutions for enterprise and government, developments in cross-border data flows and trade negotiations, technological advances in software-defined networking, architecture and cabling for "Beyond-100G" data centers, and much more.
Media are invited to both the CenturyLink Tour and the event. To register, or for more information, please contact Farrah Kim, 202.568.8986.
The TIA Data Center Workshop will feature top data center and tech policy experts, including:
- Brad Booth – Principal Engineer, Microsoft
- Steve Cheng – Senior Staff Network Architect, Google
- John D'Ambrosia – Chief Ethernet Evangelist, Distinguished Engineer, Dell
- Ted Dean, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Services, U.S. Department of Commerce
- Gregory N. Hicks – State Department Visiting Fellow, Office of the President, Center for Strategic and International Studies
- Ian Kelly – Senior Engineer, Google
- Jonathan King – Vice President, Cloud Strategy and Business Development, CenturyLink Technology Solutions
- Steve Orrin, Chief Technologist, Federal Division, Intel
- John Pescatore, Director of Emerging Security Trends, SANS Institute
- Adam C. Schlosser – Director, Center for Global Regulatory Cooperation, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Daniel Walsh – Consulting Engineer, Red Hat
- Jim Weber – Director, Network and Data Center Operations, Neustar
|WHO:||The Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA)|
|WHAT:||TIA Data Center Workshop (Sponsored by Dell, Power & Tel, Henkels & McCoy, Sumitomo Electric Lightwave, and CenturyLink Technology Solutions)|
|WHEN:||November 11-12, 2014|
|WHERE:||1320 N. Courthouse Rd., Ste. 200, Arlington, VA 22201|
The Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) represents manufacturers and suppliers of global communications networks through standards development, policy and advocacy, business opportunities, market intelligence, and events and networking. TIA enhances the business environment for broadband, mobile wireless, information technology, networks, cable, satellite and unified communications. Members' products and services empower communications in every industry and market, including healthcare, education, security, public safety, transportation, government, the military, the environment, and entertainment. Visit tiaonline.org for more details.
TIA is accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), and is a proud sponsor of ANSI’s Standards Boost Business campaign. Visit www.standardsboostbusiness.org for details.