The TIA Cybersecurity Working Group advocates public policy positions related to the security of ICT equipment and services from a vendor perspective as it relates to critical infrastructure, supply chain and information sharing.
The mission of the Cybersecurity Working Group is to promote consensus-based positions to the Congress, the Administration, Federal Agencies, and other relevant governmental bodies with the following:
- Advocate public-private partnerships as effective vehicles for collaborating on current and emerging threats.
- Promote industry-driven best practices and global standards for the security of critical infrastructure.
- Promote voluntary private sector security standards as non-mandated means to secure the ICT supply chain.
- Support efforts of the U.S. government to provide more timely and detailed cyber intelligence to industry to help identify threats to protect private networks
- Support prioritization of cybersecurity funding for federal research efforts.